Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill took nearly all of the first-team reps at quarterback on Monday, and at the beginning of his post-practice press conference, Joe Philbin indicated why. The first-round pick was named the team’s starting quarterback, ending the team’s open competition for now.
Tannehill will start Friday night’s game against Atlanta, though Philbin has yet to determine how much playing time he and others will receive.
In case you missed it, here’s a full roundup of Dolphins.com’s coverage of Monday’s practice:
- Tannehill Named Dolphins Starting Quarterback
- Andy Cohen: Philbin Made Right Move At Right Time
- VIDEO: Philbin Announces Ryan Tannehill as Starting QB
- VIDEO: Ryan Tannehill Press Conference
- VIDEO: Matt Moore Press Conference
- VIDEO: Cam Wake Media Availability
- VIDEO: Reggie Bush Media Availability
- VIDEO: Chris Hogan Media Availability
- VIDEO: 1-on-1 with Marcus Thigpen
- VIDEO: Finsiders TV, 8/20/12
The opinions, analysis and/or speculation expressed by The Finsiders Blog represent those of individual writers, and unless quoted or clearly labeled as such, do not represent the opinions, policies or desires of the Miami Dolphins organization, front office, coaches and executives. Writers' views are formulated independently from any inside information and/or conversation with Dolphins officials, including the coaches and scouts, unless otherwise noted.