/**/ /* ! */
- The Finsiders – Miami Dolphins - http://www.thefinsiders.com -
5 Training Camp Tips For Fans
Posted By John Congemi On July 10, 2013 @ 2:23 pm In Football | No Comments
Now that the practice schedule has been released for training camp , Dolphins fans can start to plan what dates to put on your schedule to watch practice and get an up-close look at this year’s team. Here are some simple reminders that I try to remember when heading out to the Doctors Hospital Training Facility in Davie:
1) What time to get there: Most practices in Davie are scheduled to start at 8am, but that doesn’t mean the team will actually hit the field at that time. Usually the entire squad meets inside the bubble to stretch and run through a series of warm-up drills before hitting the grass practice fields. It takes close to 20 or 30 minutes to complete, so arriving around 8:30 is a “veteran” move!
2) Wear Sunscreen/Comfortable Clothes: It gets extremely hot sitting in the bleachers in July or August so make sure to wear something that allows your body to breathe. Also, remember to apply sunscreen or wear some type of hat or visor to keep the sun off of your face.
3) Drink Plenty Of Water: As my co-analyst Sam Madison is always saying: drink before thirsty! That means drink plenty of water before arriving to practice and make sure to stay hydrated throughout the morning.
4) What To Watch For At Practice: A Dolphins practice is fast-paced with multiple moving parts so a key is focus on certain players and follow them from drill to drill. Usually the team will occupy both practice fields at the same time and that means there’s never any down time. Individual drills are usually at the beginning of practice and more team and group drills from the middle to the end, with special teams cutting in throughout.
5) Autograph Positioning: Probably the most important tip for the autograph seekers is to start moving down from your seats as the team period starts to finish at the end of practice. You’re allowed to stand by the perimeter of the fence that lines the field once practice is finished, so timing is key to get a good position to get a signature from your favorite Dolphins player!
Article printed from The Finsiders – Miami Dolphins: http://www.thefinsiders.com
URL to article: http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2013/5-training-camp-tips-for-fans
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2013/5-training-camp-tips-for-fans/attachment/071013-autographs660
 released for training camp: http://www.miamidolphins.com/finatics/2013_Training_Camp_Schedule.html
 Training Camp Preview: http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2013/2013-training-camp-preview
 Five Position Battles To Watch In Camp: http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2013/5-position-battles-to-watch-in-training-camp
Copyright © 2010 The Finsiders. All rights reserved.