/**/ /* ! */
- The Finsiders – Miami Dolphins - http://www.thefinsiders.com -
Andy Cohen: There’s Plenty To Be Thankful For
Posted By Andy Cohen On November 28, 2013 @ 6:22 am In Football | 11 Comments
Have a question for A.C.? Submit your questions to Andy Cohen on Twitter at @ACohenFins . Andy will answer questions every other Wednesday throughout the season.
This is a good day to take a step back, a day to appreciate what you have, a day to put in perspective everything that is important to us.
Sure, this isn’t the best of times for Dolphins fans, what with an NFL review going on and a team that has lost six of its last eight games. Nonetheless, there is still quite a bit to be thankful for.
So here’s my own personal list. Please, though, digest carefully with your turkey and stuffing and, of course, save some room for pumpkin pie.
• I’m thankful to have a wife that holds dinner on Sunday nights until the 4 p.m. games are over and the 8:30 game has yet to start. That’s something I’ll never take for granted.
• I’m thankful to have two adult sons who love football as much as I do and who savor nothing more than destroying their dad in fantasy football, which they do far too often.
• I’m thankful for lifelong Dolphins fans who remember the 70’s as if they it were yesterday and who, somewhere in their attic, still have a couple of white hankies.
• I’m thankful for Don Shula’s friendship . How many people are lucky enough to get a hug from the winningest coach of all time?
• I’m thankful for Dan Marino and Jason Taylor and everything they do to help those who are less fortunate. Winners when they played; winners in retirement as well.
• I’m thankful to have a young quarterback like Ryan Tannehill who embraces his position, who admits to his shortcomings and who spends every waking hour trying to get better .
• I’m thankful for Cam Wake’s tenacit y, Nate Garner’s diversity and Mike Wallace’s honesty.
• I’m thankful there are players like Jared Odrick whose answers are always well thought out and, more often than not, right on the mark .
• I’m thankful for Dolphins fans like Carol and Chris Barker who have been to every road game for as long as I can remember and who care more about the players than the final score.
• I’m thankful for cornerback Brent Grimes who proves every Sunday that good things can indeed come in small packages.
• I’m thankful for the Red Zone Channel, maybe the greatest invention of all time.
• I’m thankful for Charles Clay and the most impressive touchdown of this Dolphins season , a tackle busting catch and run against San Diego.
• I’m thankful for all those Dolphins players who spend their Thursdays giving back.
• I’m thankful for all the people you never hear about in the Dolphins organization, people like Valerie who greets you at the front desk with a kind smile and Gayle from media relations who holds that department together and Anne who has been there for every head coach from Shula to Philbin.
• I’m thankful for Joe Rose and Kim Bokamper and the way they make you laugh even if the scoreboard makes you cry .
• I’m thankful for a back-up quarterback like Matt Moore who exudes class and dignity and patience even though he could be starting on other teams.
• And, of course, I am thankful to you for reading my columns, laughing at my bad jokes, questioning my sanity and trusting my football knowledge enough to come back for more every Monday through Friday morning.
On Friday, AC in the AM previews Sunday’s game at the Jets.
Article printed from The Finsiders – Miami Dolphins: http://www.thefinsiders.com
URL to article: http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2013/andy-cohen-theres-plenty-to-be-thankful-for-2
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.thefinsiders.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/131128_AC_AM.jpg
 @ACohenFins: https://twitter.com/#!/ACohenFins
 I’m thankful for Don Shula’s friendship: http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/article-1/Andy-Cohen-It-Is-Shula-Then-Everyone-Else/64bd2b82-ade7-4eda-bfc9-3838ed6607c5
 who embraces his position, who admits to his shortcomings and who spends every waking hour trying to get better: http://www.miamidolphins.com/multimedia/videos/Tannehill_Previews_Showdown_With_Jets/97c04b17-1ceb-478e-84f8-3e0ae1643e3a
 I’m thankful for Cam Wake’s tenacit: http://www.miamidolphins.com/multimedia/videos/Wake_Talks_Thanksgiving_Jets_More/b8fa35e3-72f2-4152-9b7d-ece164eca2fc
 whose answers are always well thought out and, more often than not, right on the mark: http://www.miamidolphins.com/multimedia/videos/Odrick_Preparing_For_Jets_Run_Game/8a733224-dba3-48b8-8044-8cff513a1042
 the most impressive touchdown of this Dolphins season: http://www.miamidolphins.com/multimedia/videos/Must_See_Charles_Clay_39yard_TD_Catch_/0fde61e2-ce52-44f2-aba8-3ae64c80677b
 and the way they make you laugh even if the scoreboard makes you cry: http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2013/andy-cohen-a-story-of-giving-back
 Click here for more A.C. In The A.M. Columns: http://www.thefinsiders.com/tag/andy-cohen
Copyright © 2010 The Finsiders. All rights reserved.