/**/ /* ! */
- The Finsiders – Miami Dolphins - http://www.thefinsiders.com -
Congemi: Tannehill To Wallace Starting To Gel
Posted By John Congemi On June 4, 2013 @ 8:38 am In Football | 1 Comment
The Miami Dolphins started their third and final week of Organized Team Activities on Monday in Davie, and the 90 man roster seamed to have the tempo and execution of a squad getting their feet underneath them! Both the offense and defense had players that stood out from the pack and one thing is certain, this group has a nice mix of youth and experience. Here are some to the highlights from the workout.
1) TE Position Looking Good – There no question that Dustin Keller can catch the football and make explosive plays after the reception. He has shown the ability to line up in multiple positions and create potential match-up issues for opposing defenses. This entire group looks like it has taken a huge step forward during OTA’s and names like Charles Clay, Michael Egnew, Dion Sims and Kyle Miller have all been consistent. Clay looks like he’s recovered from offseason surgery and is looking crisp in his route running, and Sims has been utilized all over multiple formations, including lining up as a fullback. He’s been able to get into the passing game from that position and it could give the Dolphins offense a new wrinkle or two. Egnew has definitely improved his awareness and execution on the field while Miller simply catches everything thrown his way.
2) Garner Showing Flexibility – Head Coach Joe Philbin is always saying that players need to fill multiple roles on this football team, and a great example of this is offensive lineman Nate Garner. I say offensive lineman for good reason because Garner has lined up at center and at both guard positions! This gives the Dolphins some much needed flexibility along the offensive line of scrimmage and could give Garner a huge edge in solidifying a roster spot later in training camp.
3) Tannehill To Wallace Starting To Gel – It’s hard to hide talent and both quarterback Ryan Tannehill and wide receiver Mike Wallace have plenty. There were flashes where it started to show on the practice field and that was terrific to see. Not only were they able to connect on the field, but it’s always a good sign to see the verbal communication after the play or in-between drills. This is a combination that can build into something great for years to come, and today was another step towards reaching their goals!
Some other players that stood out to me were:
– Wide Receivers Rishard Matthews and Brian Tyms both had solid days again and are starting to make a habit of it! That’s good news for Dolphins fans.
– Linebacker Alonzo Highsmith is showing terrific speed and play-making abilities on the defensive side of the ball. He will challenge for a back-up role if his special teams play is up to par once the pre-season starts.
– Running Back Jonas Gray looks like he’s 100 percent and is catching the football well in passing drills.
RELATED: News and Notes From Monday’s OTA 
Article printed from The Finsiders – Miami Dolphins: http://www.thefinsiders.com
URL to article: http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2013/congemis-takeaways-dolphins-ota-3
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2013/congemis-takeaways-dolphins-ota-3/attachment/060313-keller750
 Action Photos: Fins Hit The Field For 3rd Week of OTA’s: http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/photo-gallery/Dolphins-Hit-The-Field-For-OTA-3/20f74903-4b10-49e1-9773-da40bd351278
 Watch Coach Philbin’s Comments To Reporters After Monday’s OTA: http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/videos/Philbin-Comments-On-Defensive-Goals-And-Much-More/35f31e7f-28fd-40b7-83ee-bf1a19abc649
 News and Notes From Monday’s OTA: http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/article-1/OTA-3-NOTEBOOK-Thomas-Takes-Part-In-Practice-Session/e7b204fa-27de-41e6-b6f0-8896f6cff3ae
Copyright © 2010 The Finsiders. All rights reserved.