/**/ /* ! */
- The Finsiders – Miami Dolphins - http://www.thefinsiders.com -
Instant Analysis: Dolphins OTA #2
Posted By John Congemi On May 29, 2013 @ 2:51 pm In Football | No Comments
The weather again played a role as the Dolphins started Organized Team Activities today in Davie. This time the rain came early and the team practiced inside the bubble, but it didn’t affect the workload on Wednesday morning. The focus was primarily on more red zone situations and tempo again was at a rapid pace. There were some encouraging signs on both sides of the ball, and here are some of the highlights of today’s workout.
1) Defense Looks Sharp – The one constant today was the ability of multiple defenders to make plays on the football and getting some takeaways from the offense! Not only did players look comfortable in defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle’s scheme, they played with quickness and were decisive when attacking the ball. Linebacker Koa Misi and safety Kelcie McCray both had interceptions in competitive drills today, and linebackers Philip Wheeler and Dannell Ellerbe looked like they were settling in quickly. Cornerback Brent Grimes again impressed me with his technique and skill, and his body language screams with confidence.
2) Hartline and Matthews Looking Sharp – Wide receivers Brian Hartline and Rishard Matthews continue to impress me with their ability to run crisp routes and catch the football. Both have also looked clean getting in and out of their routes and finding the soft spots when attacking zone coverage. Hartline was on the receiving end of a touchdown from backup quarterback Matt Moore, who also connected with receiver Brandon Gibson on a would-be score. Matthews has the ability and skill to challenge for one of the remaining spots in the receiver rotation if his production continues to flourish.
3) Some Young Players To Watch – It’s never too early to get excited about some of the new faces trying to make a name for themselves. Some of the players that caught my attention today:
– Second-year linebacker Josh Kaddu looks like he has a better understanding of spacing in pass coverage.
– Running back Lamar Miller displayed his trademark speed and looks like he belongs.
– Tight end Kyle Miller catches everything thrown his way and might challenge for the last spot at this position.
– Placekicker Caleb Sturgis has a range that might be difficult to ignore as we get closer to training camp and into the preseason.
RELATED: OTA #2 Complete Coverage 
RELATED: Photos Of Dolphins’ Wednesday OTA Practice 
Article printed from The Finsiders – Miami Dolphins: http://www.thefinsiders.com
URL to article: http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2013/instant-analysis-dolphins-ota-2
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2013/instant-analysis-dolphins-ota-2/attachment/line
 OTA #2 Complete Coverage: http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2013/ota-2-complete-coverage
 Photos Of Dolphins’ Wednesday OTA Practice: http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/photo-gallery/PHOTO-GALLERY-Weather-Forces-Dolphins-Inside-For-OTA-2/2b55b6f4-3acf-4532-9732-8bc2aeecaf49
Copyright © 2010 The Finsiders. All rights reserved.