/**/ /* ! */
- The Finsiders – Miami Dolphins - http://www.thefinsiders.com -
Andy Cohen: Quick Hits From Rookie Camp
Posted By Andy Cohen On May 23, 2014 @ 5:03 pm In Football | 9 Comments
Andy Cohen’s column on Dolphins.com appears at 6 a.m. every weekday from training camp through the season and when events warrant during the offseason. Occasionally, like today, Andy will provide some quick hits. Be sure to follow Andy Cohen on Twitter at @ACohenFins .
Have a question for A.C.? Submit your questions to Andy Cohen on Twitter at @ACohenFins .
• Can it possibly be this hot on the fourth Friday of May?
• More than 60 players, many of them trying out, went through a 90-minute practice. So many dreams were alive and well at Dolphins camp.
• Every time I look at No. 1 pick Ja’Wuan James he seems to be a little bigger. Can’t wait to see him in training camp.
• So many eyes continue to focus on third-round pick Billy Turner and his transition from tackle to guard. He seems naturally equipped for the change of positions, but this summer should tell us plenty. “I like to hit people,” Turner says. “I mean really like to.” Music to our ears.
• I figure between the eight draft picks and all the undrafted rookies, the Dolphins need at least four or five of them to make some kind of immediate impact. More than that would certainly be a bonus.
• Folks, after watching only one practice, I can say with confidence that second-round pick Jarvis Landry can really catch the ball. “His hands and his route-running are off the charts,” said O.J. McDuffie. Powerful stuff from a former player who had unbelievable hands, maybe the best I’ve seen.
• The Dolphins have already signed three of their eight draft picks and reports say they have come to terms with a fourth. This is the earliest string of signings I can remember, a real positive sign.
• Although this was the first practice viewed by the media, it was actually the eighth practice for the draft picks and many of the undrafted rookies. That they have already gotten to work out with some of the veterans could prove to be an advantage later in the summer.
• You can tell many of these draft picks were team captains in college. They have a confidence and maturity about them and they look you in the eye when you ask them a question.
• No, we are not going to form any conclusions this early. That would be absurd. There is still so much to see, so much to evaluate and so many variables that come into play to determine which of these players really belong.
Article printed from The Finsiders – Miami Dolphins: http://www.thefinsiders.com
URL to article: http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2014/andy-cohen-quick-hits-from-rookie-camp
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.thefinsiders.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/140523_AC_AM.jpg
 @ACohenFins: https://twitter.com/#!/ACohenFins
 Click here for more A.C. In The A.M. Columns: http://www.thefinsiders.com/tag/andy-cohen
Copyright © 2010 The Finsiders. All rights reserved.