With the NFL draft wrapping up on Saturday, the Miami Dolphins added several players, including former University of Miami running back Lamar Miller. Below are links to complete coverage of the Dolphins’ busy day:
- Andy Cohen: Tannehill Looks and Talks Like a Winner
- Dolphins Select RB Miller in Fourth Round
- Dolphins Take LB Kaddu in Fifth Round
- Dolphins Take WR Cunningham in Sixth Round
- Dolphins Take DT Randall and WR Marshall in Seventh Round
- Andy Kent: Dolphins Satisfied with how Things Went on Final Day of Draft
- VIDEO: Lamar Miller Drafted By the Dolphins
- VIDEO: Lamar Miller Highlights
- VIDEO:Lamar Miller Joins The Finsiders
- VIDEO: Ryan Tanehill Introduced
- VIDEO: Ryan Tannehill Interview at Fin Fest
- VIDEO: Josh Kaddu Highlights
- VIDEO: Dolphins Draft B.J.
On the NFL draft’s second day, the Miami Dolphins selected Stanford OT Jonathan Martin, Miami (Fla) DE Olivier Vernon and Missouri TE Michael Egnew. Below are links to complete coverage of the Dolphins’ busy day:
- Dolphins Take Stanford OT Jonathan Martin in Second Round, by Andy Kent
- Dolphins Pick DE Vernon and TE Egnew in Third Round, by Andy Kent
- Kent: Ireland and Philbin Pleased After Two Rounds
- VIDEO: Dolphins Draft OT Jonathan Martin
- VIDEO: Jonathan Martin Speaks with the Finsiders
- VIDEO: Jonathan Martin Highlights
- VIDEO: Dolphins Draft Olivier Vernon
- VIDEO: Olivier Vernon Thrilled to Stay in Miami
- VIDEO: Olivier Vernon Highlights
- VIDEO: Dolphins Draft Michael Egnew
- VIDEO: Meet Third-Round Pick Michael Egnew
- VIDEO: Michael Egnew Highlights
- VIDEO: Jeff Ireland and Joe Philbin Day 2 Press Conference
- Dolphins.com Draft Page
The second of the three, Bob Griese, joined The Finsiders to discuss his reaction to the pick and whether he thinks Tannehill should play right away.
“If they had let him go that would be alright because they know more about the than we do,” Griese said.
With some other potential options available, there were questions as to whether the Dolphins would go all-in at quarterback.
“The best way to indicate if the Miami Dolphins really liked him was to see if they were going to select him at eight, and they did,” said John Congemi, who played quarterback at Pittsburgh and in the Canadian Football League.
- Dolphins Pick Tannehill with 8th Overall Pick, by Andy Kent
- Andy Cohen: A Great Pick for So Many Reasons
- VIDEO: Ryan Tannehill Selected by Dolphins
- VIDEO: Jeff Ireland discusses Tannehill selection
- VIDEO: Ryan Tannehill Speaks with The Finsiders
- VIDEO: Ryan Tannehill Draft Profile
- VIDEO: Ryan Tannehill highlights
- VIDEO: Texas A&M broadcaster Dave South discusses Ryan Tannehill
- Dolphins.com Draft Page
After months of discussion and analysis, the day has arrived. The 2012 NFL Draft begins at 8 o’clock tonight at Radio City Music Hall in New York City and finally predictions will turn into second-guessing, which I suppose is a step in the right direction. Before that, though, one final round of predictions about what the Dolphins will do with the eighth overall pick in the Draft from around the web:
Mike Mayock, NFL Network: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
Everybody wants to talk about Tannehill at No.
Both the NFL Network and ESPN will have access to a camera feed inside the draft room that will show Jeff Ireland, Joe Philbin and others as they prepare to make their first round selection.
- NFL Films’ Greg Cosell joins Jesse Agler to talk about all the surprises in his mock draft
- Jimmy Cefalo, the Dolphins broadcaster and former wide receiver, joins The Finsiders and explains why he thinks the Dolphins should double down at quarterback
- Dolphins quarterback David Garrard talks to the media about how it felt to be back on the field after missing all of last season with injury
- The Finsiders talk to newly signed wide receiver Legedu Naanee about his impressions of the offense after the first full day of practices
- Matt Moore answers post-practice questions from the media about his expectations learning the new offense
- Defensive end Jared Odrick joins The Finsiders and said that his Pee-Wee sack dance could make a return this season
- Karlos Dansby has a message for Dolphins fans during a session with the media
According to NFL.com’s Gregg Rosenthal, the Dolphins’ last first-round quarterback, Dan Marino, thinks that the team should seriously consider taking Tannehill if they have a positive conviction about him.
At this point, it’s safe to say that he probably won’t have to wait too long on Thursday to find out.