Specifically, how would the two-day absence affect his standing in the quarterback rotation?
Even if expectations were tempered a bit, nonetheless his performance in team drills would be heavily scrutinized.
The consensus? So far, so good.
Since he’s returned, Tannehill has split reps with David Garrard, Matt Moore and Pat Devlin, almost exclusively facing a mix of defensive reserves.
This week, after four years of being referred to by the “Ochocinco” moniker, he did just that.
He’s hoping, though, that it isn’t a change in name only; it’s instead, he promises, a complete return to his old mentality.
Given his explosiveness–both on and off the field–the signing, supported by some, maligned by others, is undoubtedly generating a lot of buzz around the league.
“Watching the Patriots practice three times for the Super Bowl, I was really impressed with Chad,” NBC’s Cris Collinsworth told the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson.
The following post is based on a media report and has neither been confirmed nor announced by the Miami Dolphins.
The Dolphins, looking to add some depth at linebacker, worked out four free agents early last week.
Sources told the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson that the Dolphins hosted free agents Gary Guyton and Bryan Kehl on Monday and that the meeting are expected to continue today.
Guyton, who played four years for the New England Patriots, started 32 games at linebacker after being undrafted out of Georgia Tech.
From the Fins:
- The Finsiders chat with Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin about a potential quarterback competition and what the team’s process is during the offseason
- CBS Sports’ Charley Casserly joins The Finsiders to give a scouting report on Ryan Tannehill, the projected first-round pick
- Dolphins.com’s Andy Kent says Joe Philbin was exclusively questioned about the offense for the first 34 minutes of his session with the media on Tuesday
- Sun-Sentinel’s Omar Kelly lists 11 lessons he’s learned about the Dolphins at the NFL owners meetings
- The Palm Beach Post’s Ben Volin says that Matt Moore his OK with an open competition with David Garrard
- Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson thinks the Dolphins offense will need a boost from Joe Philbin and Mike Sherman
We do the work of finding all of the stories about the Fins from around the web and all you have to do is click them. Here is what is being said about the Dolphins today:
From the Fins:
- Recap the week that was with The Finsiders’ Friday Rewind
- Draft analysts check in with the Finsiders to give their thoughts on former Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill
- Dolphins.com’s Andy Kent catches up with Troy Tulowitzki, the all-star shortstop for the Colorado Rockies, in this edition of Famous Fins Fans
- Sun-Sentinel’s Omar Kelly wonders how the Dolphins will solve the quarterback issue and whether Stephen Ross will address the situation at this week’s owners meetings
- Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson reports free agents Phillip Wheeler and Jake Scott visited Dolphins headquarters on Saturday
- ESPN’s James Walker asks if the Dolphins really planned on cutting Brandon Marshall
From the Fins:
- The Finsiders analyze the current status of Peyton Manning
- John Congemi looks back at Karlos Dansby’s 2011 season
- Jason Taylor thinks the 2012 Dolphins could be special
From the Press: