In a recent interview with The Finsiders, NFL Network’s Charley Casserly said if anyone is to unseat the Patriots atop the division, it’s the Dolphins. Read More
Let’s take a look back and recap the week that was for the Dolphins from July 28th through August 2nd. Read More
In case you missed it, here’s a complete roundup of Dolphins.com’s coverage of Wednesday’s practice: Read More
Given his explosiveness–both on and off the field–the signing, supported by some, maligned by others, is undoubtedly generating a lot of buzz around the league.
“Watching the Patriots practice three times for the Super Bowl, I was really impressed with Chad,” NBC’s Cris Collinsworth told the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson.
With an exciting draft in the books and summer practices looming, it’s easy to forget that this time last year there were legitimate concerns about whether a new NFL season would even happen. As another season approaches, we are beginning to see some of the tangible effects of the labor negotiations.
Many believe that the Dolphins will take Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill, but it’s really all just guesswork at this point.
Jeff Ireland, who finalized the team’s draft board with his staff late Wednesday night, does know who it will be if the chips fall in his favor.
When you decide, instead, to build through the draft and are averse to overspending, it can be a slow process that’s hard to take stock of each step of the way.
NFL executives understand the position that Jeff Ireland is in–many of whom have faced the same issues during their tenures.
From the Fins:
- Luke Simons, an anchor and reporter from KAGS-TV in College Station, joins The Finsiders to give a report on Ryan Tannehill’s pro day
- CBS Sports’ Charley Casserly recently joined The Finsiders to give his analysis of Tannehill
- Dolphins.com’s Andy Kent checks in with Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll, who was presenting an NFL Play 6o grant to Archimedean Middle Conservatory
From the Press:
- The Palm Beach Post’s Ben Volin notes that the Dolphins will be switching to a zone blocking scheme
- Sun-Sentinel’s Omar Kelly says that the Dolphins have begun exploratory talks with three starters about redoing their deals
- Miami Herald’s Armando Salguero recaps the important takeaways from Ryan Tannehill’s pro day
Essentially, there aren’t enough elite quarterbacks to go around. But that doesn’t mean a team won’t take a shot in the dark, hoping that a quarterback prospect blossoms into a Pro Bowler.
The beneficiary this April likely will be former Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who’s starting to rocket up draft boards.
From the Fins:
- The Finsiders chat with Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin about a potential quarterback competition and what the team’s process is during the offseason
- CBS Sports’ Charley Casserly joins The Finsiders to give a scouting report on Ryan Tannehill, the projected first-round pick
- Dolphins.com’s Andy Kent says Joe Philbin was exclusively questioned about the offense for the first 34 minutes of his session with the media on Tuesday
From the Press:
- Sun-Sentinel’s Omar Kelly lists 11 lessons he’s learned about the Dolphins at the NFL owners meetings
- The Palm Beach Post’s Ben Volin says that Matt Moore his OK with an open competition with David Garrard
- Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson thinks the Dolphins offense will need a boost from Joe Philbin and Mike Sherman