On Monday afternoon, 5-7 pm, The Finsiders will announce their 2012 Rookie of the Year and viewers will have a chance to cast their vote during the show. Read More
In case you missed it, here’s a complete roundup of Dolphins.com’s coverage of Thursday’s practice: Read More
Here is the official Injury Report as released by the league for Sunday’s season opener in Houston between the Dolphins and the Texans. Read More
Following Friday night’s 23-17 loss to Carolina, the Dolphins returned to the practice field to begin preparation for this week’s preseason home game against Atlanta.
In case you missed it, here’s a complete roundup of Dolphins.com’s coverage of Sunday afternoon’s practice:
- Rookie DE Shelby Making An Early Impression; Other Notes
- Philbin Treating This Week Like The Regular Season
- VIDEO: Joe Philbin Press Conference, 8/19
- VIDEO: Kevin Coyle Press Conference
- VIDEO: Mike Sherman Press Conference
- VIDEO: Jared Odrick Media Availability
- VIDEO: Davone Bess Media Availability
- VIDEO: Jimmy Wilson Media Availability
- VIDEO: Karlos Dansby Media Availability
- VIDEO: Randy Starks Media Availability
- VIDEO: Jake Long Media Availability
- VIDEO: Sean Smith Media Availability
- VIDEO: Mike Pouncey Media Availability
- VIDEO: Richie Incognito Media Availability
The first-year Dolphins cornerback joined The Finsiders to talk about defensive adjustments and how pace can affect production.
After a lackluster performance in the preseason opener, Marshall said defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle told the first-team defense in meetings that they need to “play with their hair on fire.”
“I don’t know what the problem was and why we weren’t getting to the ball fast, but the second group definitely showed what we want our defense to be,” Marshall said.
Two things are always paramount when your talking about the defensive line for the Miami Dolphins: your numbers against the run and how may times you can either sack or pressure the opposing quarterback. The run defense in 2011 was stellar, holding opponents to 95.6 yards per game, which ranked third in the NFL. The Dolphins were also third in the league holding teams to 3.71 yards per carry!