The fourth (out of five) installment of HBO’s “Hard Knocks” premiered tonight as we continued our incredibly inside and intimate look at the Miami Dolphins organization. Read More
With the all-important third preseason game just two days away, the Dolphins treated Wednesday’s practice as if it were the final practice of a regular season game week–the entire unpadded practice took place in the practice bubble.
Due to Artis Hicks’ health and Eric Steinbach’s retirement, RG John Jerry continued working with the first team and looks to be in line for a start on Friday night.
Episode three of “Hard Knocks” premiered tonight on HBO and while it didn’t necessarily pack the same emotional punch as last week (Joe Philbin discussing the death of his son, Chad Johnson being cut), there was plenty of great behind-the-scenes access to the last week of Dolphins training camp.
The show ended with Matt Moore and Ryan Tannehill being told that the rookie has been named the starting quarterback, but a lot led to that moment and to that decision.
This morning, after the previous evening’s Hard Knocks premiere, the Dolphins held a walk-through in the bubble.
The team will return to the practice field later this evening, though, for a 6:25 p.m. practice open to the public–the only open night practice of training camp.
In case you missed it, here’s a complete roundup of Dolphins.com’s coverage of the 11th day of training camp practices:
- Variety of Stars Emerge From Hard Knocks Premiere
- Dolphins Announce Celebration for 40th Anniversary of Perfect Season
- Dolphins Announce Naming Rights Partnership for Team’s Training Facility
- VIDEO: Joe Philbin Press Conference 8/8, Part 1
- VIDEO: Joe Philbin Press Conference 8/8, Part 2
- VIDEO: Vontae Davis Media Availability
- VIDEO: Hard Knocks Director’s Cut: Rob Gehring
- VIDEO: Cam Wake Media Availability
- VIDEO: Randy Starks Media Availability
- VIDEO: Jared Odrick Media Availability
- VIDEO: Les Brown Reacts to Hard Knocks
- VIDEO: 1-0n-1 with Eric Steinbach
- VIDEO: Finsiders TV, 8/8/12
- VIDEO: Training Facility Naming Rights Press Conference
- VIDEO: 40th Anniversary of 1972 Undefeated Team Press Conference‘
- VIDEO: Jim Kiick, Larry Little and Mercury Morris In Studio
Fins fans from around the country tonight got their first taste of an unbelievably up-close and intimate look at their team as ”Hard Knocks, Training Camp with the Miami Dolphins” premiered and shed immediate light on not only the 2012 Dolphins but on the reality of life in the NFL.
From the moment the show began, with the introduction of wide-eyed undrafted rookie free agent Derek Dennis, who was cut even before the first practice, you could tell that viewers were going to be exposed to things that they wouldn’t otherwise be able to see and experience.