With preseason games now underway, time for part two of our 2012 Fantasy Football Preview. Last week, James Morris examined the quarterbacks. Now he profiles the running backs:
1) Arian Foster: We start with the #1 player that should be taken in any fantasy draft format. He isn’t without risk as the Texans lost veteran RT Eric Winston and RG Mike Brisiel in free agency, but the zone-blocking scheme should guarantee continued success.
From the Fins:
- The Finsiders bring you a full multimedia preview of the Raiders-Dolphins game
- Coach Sparano: “We have a lot of coaches on the field”
- John Congemi of The Finsiders gives his three keys to victory for the Fins
- Hear from Hue Jackson, Richard Seymour and JT The Brick for a Raiders perspective
- Andy Kent of Dolphins.com writes “ten days in between games have made the Miami Dolphins a bit restless, which could spell trouble for the visiting Oakland Raiders”
From the Press:
- ESPN.com AFC East Blogger James Walker tells us why “It will be key for (Yeremiah) Bell to maintain his deep responsibility“
- Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel writes the hope for the Dolphins is that Matt Moore “can continue playing efficiently, and that would enable the offense to blossom“
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald says Tony Sparano is “trying everything to change his team’s fortunes, experimenting in ways he never has before“
- Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post says Matt Moore and Brian Daboll have slowly figured out which plays work and which don’t
The 3-8 Dolphins look for their third straight home win as they welcome the AFC West-leading Oakland Raiders (7-4) to Sun Life Stadium.
This will be the 35th all-time regular season meeting between the teams in a series that was dominated early on by the Raiders. The Dolphins, though, have won five of their last six against Oakland, including a 33-17 win at the Coliseum last year and a 17-15 win in 2008, the last time the teams met in South Florida.
In his weekly segment for Dolphins.com, Hank Goldberg catches up with Raiders Legend and NFL Hall of Famer Ted Hendricks to discuss the Raiders, past and present. Make sure to listen as Hendricks shares his insight on what the keys have been for the Raiders to get to the top of the AFC West this season.Dolphins.com Podcast More podcasts available on Dolphins.com
The CBS broadcaster gives his analysis of the Dolphins and the Raiders in advance of Sunday’s game which he will broadcast on CBS alongside Greg Gumbel. Make sure to listen for Dierdorf’s insight on Carson Palmer, now that the veteran quarterback is out of Cincinnati. Also, Dierdorf shares his memories of his former college teammate, Jim Mandich, who will be inducted into the Dolphins Honor Roll on Sunday.
The Raiders defensive lineman talks with the South Florida media about the success of the Oakland team so far in 2011. Listen in to hear Seymour’s high praise for Dolphins LT Jake Long, a player that he’ll likely match-up against frequently on Sunday.Dolphins.com Podcast More podcasts available on Dolphins.com
The Raiders head coach answers questions from the South Florida media about the state of his AFC West leading team, led by the strong recent play of Carson Palmer and Michael Bush. Make sure to listen for Jackson’s comments on how the team has responded to the unfortunate passing of owner Al Davis, earlier this season.Dolphins.com Podcast More podcasts available on Dolphins.com