So much to talk about now that the roster has been paired to the 53-man limit, though more movement will undoubtedly occur over the next few days. Read More
The Dolphins cut their roster down to the NFL-maximum of 53 players this evening and there were definitely some surprises to me, as well as some notable things to keep track of. Read More
Today’s practice had a significant focus on the red zone (plus 20 yard line), getting the spacing and timing needed to be successful in this area on both sides of the football. Here are some of my takeaways from today’s workout: Read More
As training camp approaches, Tannehill recently sought out Pennington again for some more one-on-one time, visiting with the retired quarterback at his Kentucky home, the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson reports. Read More
On Tuesday afternoon, between 5-7 pm, the Finsiders will announce their Most Improved Dolphins Player of the Year and viewers will have a chance to cast their vote during the show. Read More
An enlightening chapter in Miami Dolphins history came to a close tonight as the final episode of “Hard Knocks” premiered on HBO. Read More
Here are my five key takeaways from last night’s game:
- QB Position Still Undecided: Coach Joe Philbin has reiterated a desire to name a starter by the third week of the preseason, but the Dolphins’ quarterback picture remains murky.
Very fairly, the big question for tomorrow night’s preseason game at Carolina is: Who will be the Dolphins’ starting quarterback?
We don’t know the answer yet, but it could certainly go either way. Below are reasons why it could either be Matt Moore or Ryan Tannehill…
The case for Matt Moore…
…He’s the veteran who led the Fins to a 6-3 record in their last nine games in 2011.
Because of David Garrard’s knee injury, when they broke into their two-pronged version of team drills, each of the three remaining quarterbacks–Matt Moore, Ryan Tannehill and Pat Devlin–received additional reps.
In case you missed it, here’s a complete roundup of Dolphins.com’s coverage of the 12th day of training camp practices:
- Day 16 Notebook: Thunder And Lightning Livens Up Practice; Other Notes
- Plenty To Learn From First Preseason Game
- VIDEO: Joe Philbin Press Conference, 8/12
- VIDEO: Mike Sherman Media Availability
- VIDEO: Roberto Wallace Media Availability
- VIDEO: Davone Bess Media Availability
- VIDEO: Sean Smith Media Availability
- VIDEO: Legedu Naanee Media Availability
- VIDEO: Jason Trusnik Media Availability
- VIDEO: Finsiders TV, 8/12/12
Two days after the team’s first scrimmage of training camp 2012, coach Joe Philbin released his first depth chart of the season.
While there are obviously many things that will change between now and Week 1 at Houston, this piece of paper certainly gives us a decent idea of where the coaching staff’s heads are at.
Starting where most fans are most interested, David Garrard is listed as the starting quarterback.