While he was in Davie as part of his NFL training camp tour, CBSSports.com’s Pete Prisco joined Jesse Agler to discuss Chad Johnson’s release and the team’s quarterback competition.
Joe Philbin handled Johnson’s situation decisively, citing a lack of fit between player and organization. Prisco felt that the diminishing return on investment–even if it cost the team next to nothing financially–just wasn’t worth it.
After practice, one in which Matt Moore and Ryan Tannehill split time working against the first team, Joe Philbin briefly addressed last night’s roster move and the implications heading forward.
In case you missed it, here’s a complete roundup of Dolphins.com’s coverage of the 13th day of training camp practices:
- Day 17 Notebook: Receiver Competition Takes On New Look; Other Notes
- Starks and Soliai Stabilize Defensive Front Four
- Reaction to Release of Chad Johnson
- VIDEO: Joe Philbin Press Conference, 8/13
- VIDEO: Kevin Coyle Media Availability
- VIDEO: Sean Smith Media Availability
- VIDEO: Cam Wake Media Availability
- VIDEO: Reshad Jones Media Availability
- VIDEO: Karlos Dansby Media Availability
- VIDEO: Finsiders TV, 8/13/12
- VIDEO: 1-on-1 with Julius Pruitt
- VIDEO: Rishard Matthews in Stuido
- VIDEO: Pete Prisco Joins The Finsiders
- VIDEO: 1-on-1 with Gary Guyton