In the final part of The Finsiders’ AFC East Positional Breakdown series, the linebacker position is evaluated across the division. Read More
If Miami does end up looking to pick an athletic pass rusher in the top half of the first round, Kiper Jr., a staple of ESPN’s draft coverage since the early ’80s, said there will be plenty of guys to choose from. Read More
Here is the official Injury Report as released by the league for Sunday’s game at Sun Life Stadium between the Dolphins and the New York Jets: Read More
But what if the Dolphins don’t take Tannehill?
The Miami Herald’s Armando Salguero, too, thinks it will be Tannehill, but he gave a few off-the-radar options the Dolphins may consider in the first and second rounds.
“What happened at UNC has happened,” Coples said. “Definitely training and preparing for the NFL and preparing to be one of the most elite linemen.”
For some, the constant naysayers would be fuel for the competitive fire.
The start of the NFL Draft is now just 10 days away and so today we bring you the second installment of the always-popular “Mock Draft Roundup,” which collects the opinions of analysts from around the country and puts them all in one place. The Dolphins hold the #8 pick and so here are the picks at that spot from both local and national sources:
Mel Kiper, Jr., ESPN: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
We know Miami lacks a long-range plan at quarterback, and while Tannehill isn’t a guy I’d endorse as an immediate starter, his ceiling is so high you can take him here with a plan in place because of his rate of growth.
Each year the NFL Draft becomes a bigger and bigger event and each year more and more players make the trip from college towns around the country to New York City to wait for their names to be called and head onto the stage to meet the Commissioner.
This year, a record 26 players, ranging alphabetically from Barron (Mark, safety, Alabama) to Wright (Kendall, wide receiver, Baylor) will be present at Radio City Music Hall for the festivities.
With the NFL Draft less than a month away, I figured we’d take a look at eight things that could happen when the Dolphins get ready to use the eighth pick on April 26th. I’ve attempted to categorize them three ways: “good chance,” “possible chance” and “slim chance,” though those categories are just my own opinions. With that, here you go, eight things that could happen at number eight (in no particular order):
- The Dolphins draft Ryan Tannehill: I say this is a good chance and every.
From the Fins:
- Former Dolphins wide receiver O.J. McDuffie talks to John Congemi about his confidence in Matt Moore
- John Congemi goes one-on-one with Keith Byars, the former Dolphins running back, to get his opinion on Miami’s’ offensive weapons
- Dolphins.com’s Andy Kent checks in with seven Dolphins players that spent the day promoting the Commit 2B Fit program to local area children
From the Press
- Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer reports the Dolphins have agreed to terms with free-agent quarterback David Garrard
- ESPN’s James Walker wonders what David Garrard’s role will be with the Dolphins
- Sun-Sentinel’s Izzy Gould says that former North Carolina defensive end Quinton Coples will make a pre-draft visit with the Dolphins
The NFL Network analyst gives his commentary on Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Ryan Tannehill, and other quarterbacks that should be selected early in April’s draft. Also, find out Mayock’s thoughts on the defensive ends and offensive tackles that figure to be available around the time that the Dolphins make their 1st round selection.
Watch video here: