With all of the emphasis in the NFL on offense, it has become increasingly important for defenses around the League to find a guy or two who is not just a playmaker, but a game-changer. While many of these guys are elite pass rushers, having a stud in the secondary can be highly beneficial as teams try to slow down the high-octane passing attacks used by most offenses.
The Dolphins safety chats with Jesse Agler and John Congemi to review the play of the Dolphins defense on Saturday against Tom Brady and the explosive Patriots offense. Listen in for Culver’s thoughts on the mindset of the team as preparations begin for Sunday’s season finale against the Jets.Dolphins.com Podcast More podcasts available on Dolphins.com
Watch the interview here:
The Oakland Raiders (7-4) travel to Sun Life Stadium on Sunday as the Miami Dolphins (3-8) look to rebound from a Thanksgiving Day loss to the Dallas Cowboys. The Raiders are coming off of a five point victory over the Chicago Bears riding the right leg of kicker Sebastian Janikowski, who set a franchise record of six field goals, and the 301 yards of passing from quarterback Carson Palmer.
The Thanksgiving match-up against the Dallas Cowboys (7-4) was disappointing only because I felt that the Miami Dolphins (3-8) put themselves in a position to win versus a quality opponent, and didn’t get it done! It was clear from the start of the game that the Dolphins have the ability and talent to defeat playoff caliber teams, but sometimes lack the ability to take advantage of opportunities playoff teams display.
From the Fins:
- Vontae Davis warns the Bills to not take the Dolphins lightly
- Andy Kent of Dolphins.com writes “tight ends are asked to do more than just about any other position on the field, which is why it’s not so easy to evaluate them“
- Bills running back Fred Jackson had no ordinary road to the NFL
From the Press:
- Mike Berardino of the Sun-Sentinel wonders who should be starting at free safety
- ESPN.com AFC East blogger James Walker asks if Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick is headed for stardom or if he will become the next overpaid and underachieving signal caller
- Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post says the Dolphins recent winning streak has given this team a sense of bravado
As you may know, the Dolphins defense hasn’t allowed a touchdown since before Halloween! Watch the video below for highlights of some of the big plays made by the defense in recent weeks:For use with Finsiders video
Week 10 brings the Washington Redskins (3-5) traveling south to face the Miami Dolphins (1-7) at Sun Life Stadium. The Dolphins found a way to put it all together last week to gain it’s first victory at Kansas City and have a little bit of momentum moving into this weekend. The Redskins don’t strike fear into anyone, but I believe this is a game that the Dolphins need to worry more about themselves than the Redskins.
The Dolphins free safety goes 1-on-1 with Jesse Agler to discuss taking over a starting role in the secondary in the last several weeks. Make sure to hear Culver give his thoughts on facing his former teammate, John Beck, on Sunday when the Redskins come to town.Dolphins.com Podcast More podcasts available on Dolphins.com
Watch the interview here: